UCE-13 Ionizer Cleaning Filter ONLY (Does NOT fit UCE-9000 or UCE-11)
Directions For Use:
1) Turn off your ionizer and shut off the water supply going to the unit.
2) Locate the filter housing of your ionizer and remove the 2nd Filter. You may want to have a towel handy to collect any residual water that comes out when you remove the filter.
3) Attach the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge. Do NOT over tighten!
4) Turn on both the power to the ionizer as well as the water supply.
5) Run water through the ionizer using the H2O CLEAN mode for 30 seconds then stop. DO NOT use any other mode when going through this cleaning process!
6) Allow ionizer to sit without using it for 3 hours.
7) For the best results, repeat steps 5 & 6 for a total of up to 3 times.
8)¬† When finished with the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge, follow steps 1-4, replacing the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge with the original 2nd filter (or, proceed with replacement filter instructions if you are changing out both ionizer filters).
9)¬† Then, run the unit on the H2O cycle for 3 minutes to wash the filter inside with clean water.
10) Lastly, feel free to check your pH levels of the machine and flow rate.¬†The pH levels should return to normal.
NOTE:¬† When cleaning your Tyent machine, be sure to always use the H2O purified water level only!¬† Do not use any other level while cleaning or damage could occur.
NOTE:¬† You may want to consider Tyent's NEW AT-HOME DEEP-CLEANING SCALE REMOVER available HERE as an alternative to the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge.¬† This device is very simple to use, takes less than 30 minutes to perform a deep cleaning and can be stored for future use.
NOTE:¬† If your water ionizer is subject to hard water conditions, a Cell Safe Anti-Scale filter should be connected.¬† This filter will help to prevent scale build up on plates.